Heart of Wales Property Services are recruiting for a Business Administration Apprenticeship.
The successful post-holder will develop the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude to meet the competencies as set by both the national training organisation for your occupational area and HOWPS. On this apprenticeship programme you will work towards completing a nationally recognised advanced apprenticeship in Business Administration (Level 2). In addition to the formal training programme you will receive hands on experience including mentoring and coaching from skilled members of the team. This opportunity is fixed term for the duration of the course.
This role has the opportunity to progress within HOWPS, making this role an excellent stepping stone into a sustainable career within our business.
- To meet targets identified in individual training plans
- Develop experience and knowledge of service delivery and quality as directed by the assigned team leader
- To support in general administrative tasks including filing, maintaining records, data input, organising meetings and courses
- Assist in the completion of the required paperwork on a weekly basis
- Have a sense of time management to ensure all issued work is completed
- Must have a basic level of confidence to communicate at all levels – will be dealing with a wide range of external and internal customers each day
- Able to work within a multi-functional, multi task environment with a good level of attention to detail
- Must be well presented at all times and have a basic level of confidence to deal with all internal and external customers in a calm, rational and efficient manner, both on the telephone and face to face
- Understand the importance of integrity and confidentiality
As an apprentice you will develop the skills and knowledge required to undertake the following tasks within the role:
- Word processing
- Copy typing
- Letter writing
- Dealing email enquiries
- Creating and maintaining filing systems
- Use a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and to maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases
- Liaising with staff in other departments and with external contacts
- Ordering and maintaining stationery and equipment
- Sorting and distributing incoming post and organising and sending outgoing post
Key Skills and Qualifications
- 4 GCSE’s Grades A – C (or equivalent) would be desirable.
- You must have a “can do” attitude with the willingness to learn and work towards the relevant qualification.
- You will act in a professional manner at all times and adhere to all the requirements of your individual training plan
- Able to continue to learn and take on new tasks as and when presented
- Able to adapt to different working conditions and flexible on working out of hours and from different locations.
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to plan your own work, work on your own initiative and meet deadlines;
- The ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands and prioritise tasks and workload
- Oral and written communication skills
- Tact, discretion and respect for confidentiality
- Methodical and thorough approach to work
- A great team player
- To commit to learning your trade under the guidance of mentoring staff
- To commit to punctual attendance for day-to-day work and Day Release training at assigned Further Educational establishments, or approved external contractors
- To co-operate with their employer and follow health & safety advise and instructions
- To abide by the principles and practice of equality of opportunity as laid down by the Companies Equal Opportunities Policy
- This position has a requirement for a Basic DBS Disclosure.
- An ability to communicate in Welsh would be desirable
Heart of Wales Property Services Ltd
Heart of Wales Property Services Ltd is a joint venture company formed in 2017 by Powys County Council and Kier in order to provide consultancy and maintenance services to the Councils housing and property portfolio. Additionally, the company has tangible growth plans to deliver property services and construction projects to clients in the immediate, adjacent and wider geographical locations.