This apprentice role supports the installation of Traffic signalling and ancillary equipment while taking part in on the job training and coaching. Training will be supplied and will consist of a number of key elements which will include installation skills and routine maintenance tasks on all types of traffic signaling products and services.
We have 5 locations on offer for this role so please ensure you state your preference when applying:
- Leatherhead, Surrey
- Fareham, Hampshire
- You will spend the majority of the first year at College studying full time for a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering. Beyond that you will combine day release at college with gaining real life skills working with experienced staff on site across the range of activities undertaken from the local service centre.
- Whilst completing the training programme, you will have the opportunity to be cross trained in other areas, such as fault administration, workshop, stores and other ITS equipment. This will lead to you being a more knowledgeable engineer with a deeper understanding of how your work interacts with others and fits into the bigger Siemens picture.
- Alongside on-the-job training, you will also work towards your NVQ which consists of two levels, Level 2 and Level 3, which will enable you to be utilised across the whole spectrum of skill sets and disciplines. You will be working towards an Advanced Apprenticeship in Installation and Commissioning. To assist with your learning, you will also be allocated a mentor outside of your chain of command. It should also be noted that this Apprenticeship will involve working outside.
- You must have 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) Grade A-C/ 9-5 including English, Maths and Science to this standard
- You will have the drive and ability to study and continue your development training
- You will have the drive to become a fully qualified Service Operative or Installation Operative
- You must work well with other people and communicate effectively within a team
The Apprenticeship route requires that all employees are undergoing training by authorized Highways Electrical Academy (HEA) training providers and are registered with an assessment centre. The successful applicant must achieve a HEA Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) test within the first month of employment.
In accordance with the Company Health and Safety policy, all employees have a duty to comply with all Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimizing them wherever possible.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.