Becoming an Apprentice Administrator with Capita Local Government:
Join our team and experience the best of both worlds working for a private/public sector partnership in the heart of Norfolk.
We are looking for a Apprentice Administrator and Officer Assistant to join Capita at an exciting time for the Breckland District Council/Capita Partnership.
Breckland sits in the heart of Norfolk within half an hour of Norwich city and the beautiful North Norfolk coast, and covers an area of 1,305 kilometres and is one the largest rural districts in England. Nestling just on the Norfolk/Suffolk border Breckland is centred round the five main market towns of Attleborough, Dereham, Swaffham, Thetford and Watton. There are also 112 parishes in Breckland but the majority of the population is centred round the five market towns
What you will do:
- Answering the telephone and dealing with general enquiries
- Assisting with meetings by taking minutes and notes
- Maintaining files/ Filing records
- Undertaking searches of the system
- Processing formal proposals
- Updating system information
Your experience will include:
- At least a small amount of administration experience
- GCSE English ‘C’ grade or equivalent competence
- Be familiar with MS Office package (Word, Outlook, Excel etc).
- Excellent organisational skills and record keeping
- Good interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact
- Competency at checking own, and others, work to confirm accuracy
- The ability to prioritise and proactively manage workloads, and to work flexibly to meet the requirements of the business
About Capita Local Government
For over 25 years, Capita has been the UK’s leading provider of services to local government. We help councils to improve efficiency, provide better services and become more commercially sustainable. This works through a variety of frameworks, service agreements, commercial partnerships, shared services and joint venture companies. We cover all local government operations – from customer management, HR and property development to back office processing, administration and IT. Join us and you’ll be part of a team providing a full range of back office, middle office and customer facing services.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day’s holiday (rising to 27), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country – the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.