Our apprentice programme is a great opportunity to gain a recognised academic or vocational qualification from college, with on-the-job training giving you the chance to earn while you learn, whilst employed full-time at Skanska.
As a Design Analyst Apprentice you will undertake a range of design activities for our tRIIO Utilities Services contract specialising in delivering the design and contracting services for the UK’s gas distribution network. We work in partnership with Cadent (formerly National Grid) to improve the supply of gas to millions of people living and working in North London and the East of England.
- Complete various tasks in order to support the project team
- Prepare project and design amendments and identifying non-compliance trends
- Undertake site surveys to confirm project details e.g. loads, routes and MRPS (Mains Replacement Programme Score) scores
- Help to ensure that all works are performed in accordance with safety, technical and legislative policies and procedures
- Spend 20% of the working week studying towards a Level 3 qualification
- Interest in studying towards an Engineering Design and Draughtsperson Level 3 Apprenticeship. For this, you will require a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grades 9 to 4 (or equivalent A* – C) including Maths and English.
- No previous experience in construction is required but you will want to help us shape the future and build for a better society.
- This role will be based in Slough.
- A structured career path support, helping you realise your potential
- Support to achieve a Level 3 qualification – Engineering Design and Draughtsperson. The course will be delivered by UCL in London.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work too.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.