Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you based in the Midlands
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, housing, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We are offering a 12 month apprenticeship scheme based with our Housing business in Kettering, with the potential to extending this to an 18 month scheme depending on business needs and performance. You will work in the Finance team. The aim is to provide you with a career path and progress through the organisation.
What you’ll be doing:
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Finance with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an Accounting Apprenticeship at Level 2. You will also have various other training opportunities, such as Induction, Continuous Improvement Training and SHES training. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
Your responsibilities as a Finance Apprentice:
- Assisting in preparation of monthly accruals for Management Accounts
- Reconciliation of reservation, exchange and extras deposits
- Reconciliation of incentives costs and checking incentives stated in reservation forms
- Production and ownership of weekly sales and build returns to a high level of accuracy
- Monthly cost analysis to Commercial teams and reconciliation of cost to completes to ledger
- Weekly banking reports to Shared Service Centre
- Assisting raising orders and entering Goods Received Notes into MIS
- Liaison with Central Finance team on regional invoice/payment queries
- Performing control checks of MIS system
- Ad hoc duties and projects as required
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have an interest in Finance
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Be comfortable with and interested in working with numbers
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be team focussed
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme visit the website here and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.