Our apprentice programme is a great opportunity to gain a recognised academic or vocational qualification from college, with on-the-job training giving you the chance to earn while you learn, whilst employed full-time at Skanska.
As a Projects Planning apprentice you will carry out a varied range of activities to assist the team with planning and scheduling all works in connection with the a wide range of nationally important infrastructure projects such as Smart Motorways, airport expansion and High Speed 2.
- Review and understand tender project documentation
- Produce programmes under the direction of the Planning Manager and / or Senior Planner
- Update schedules with progress using actual dates or percentage of physical works complete, and work remaining
- Produce reports and communicate current schedule position and forecasts Use baselines, re-schedule etc. for updating
- Understand design planning and controls
- Gain appreciation of various contractual arrangements and the relevant requirements for Planning and Project Controls
- Input and analyse delay into the master programme
- Export data for analysis in other programmes
- Produce pdf’s of the programme as required by contract team
- Gain knowledge of civil engineering and infrastructure work relevant to planning and delivery to agreed timescales and budgets
- Learn to use planning software (or similar programme management tools)
- Study towards a Level 3 Projects Control Technician qualification. The course will cover analysing progress and performance data on engineering, construction and infrastructure projects.
- You will be required to hold GCSE’s in Maths and English at grade 9 to 4 (or equivalent A* – C) to allow us to enrol you onto a Level 3 Diploma
- No previous experience in construction is required but you will want to help us shape the future and build for a better society
- Support to achieve Level 3 qualification in Projects Control
- Structured career path support, helping you realise your potential
Location: Maple Cross, Hertfordshire. You must be able to drive or obtain a driving licence within 6 months of starting to be able to travel to our sites.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
Programme start date: September 2019
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.