Becoming an Apprentice Onsite Engineer with Capita Managed IT Solutions:
The Apprentice Onsite Engineer role gives the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a hands on capacity having a direct impact on the business from day one, alongside this you will be a part of a team there to support you and help you to learn and develop. You will study one day a week for an industry recognised qualification which will form the basis of your future career path
You would be joining a team based in Barnet, providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support within the school, handling queries and resolving IT issues onsite you will support the staff and students as and when needed. This team plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth running of the school day to day and is a fantastic place for the right candidate to start a career in IT.
What you will do:
- Monitoring and updating any issues reported in the fault logging system.
- Working closely with teaching and support staff onsite to identify issues and designing solutions to rectify these in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensuring compliance. Regularly audit hardware and software to ensure that latest security patches and virus updates are applied
- Installation, configuration and day to day maintenance of a variety of equipment across the school
- The management and tracking of hardware and software assets.
Your experience will include:
- Good grades at GCSE level
- A keen interest in a career in IT
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to plan and manage own workload prioritising tasks and ensuring deadlines are achieved
- A proactive and professional approach
- Some level of IT support experience would be desirable however this is not essential as training will be given
About Capita Managed IT Solutions
Capita Managed IT Solutions is part of our IT and Networking business and is a leading provider of IT Services delivering Cloud, End-to-End IT Solutions and IT Managed Services to the education, energy and utilities, health, public and private sector organisations. Hundreds of organisations across the UK and Ireland choose to use our flexible, professional and reliable managed IT solutions. Joining us, you’ll deliver true digital transformation to businesses and organisations.
Managed IT Solutions are part of Capita Plc, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers’ needs, we’ve helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day’s holiday (rising to 27), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country – the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.