The Sales Administrator is the linchpin of a successful sales team. As such, the role requires a person who is motivated, quick thinking, enthusiastic and industrious. The core responsibility of the role is to provide day to day support for the sales team. Sales leads must ensure that they are sourcing leads and turning them into opportunities and sales, taking them through the sales lifecycle. The reporting of the sales pipeline is an important part of the Sales Administrator role and it is paramount that sales reports are accurate and punctual. The Sales Administrator must also, where necessary, attend internal and client sales meeting, taking accurate notes and circulating actions to relevant team members.
As well as these core functions it is important that the Sales Administrator is adaptable according to the requirements of the role. From working with the Marketing team, monitoring tender portals to co-ordinating resource booking, no day is ever the same. The diverse and fast paced environment demands that you are able to flex and manage your workload, and with the support of the Head of Sales, prioritise activities to deliver the best possible support for the team.
The role is Newcastle based however there may be a requirement to travel to client meetings throughout the UK so flexibility in this regard is important.
What you will do:
- Minute taking for internal sales meetings, collating actions and circulating to the team.
- Bid/sales proposal support – working with the sales lead co-ordinate resources to support bid/proposal compilation and where necessary inputting into the bid/proposal content.
- Monitoring of Lead and Opportunity pipeline in the CRM and routinely flagging updates to the sales team to ensure they are delivering on their objectives for accurate reporting.
- Generating sales reports from the CRM and circulating to the sales team.
- Maintaining a sales target activity matrix, ensuring it is routinely updated by each sales team member ahead of weekly sales call
- Working with the Marketing Executive to support on generating market/client intelligence to prepare for specific client engagements
Your experience will include:
- A minimum of 1 year working in an administrative support role in a fast-paced environment
- Able to confidently use all Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Open, friendly with a ‘can do’ attitude and an appetite to learn.
- Confident telephone manner
- Comprehensive understanding of CRM systems and ability to build bespoke reports
- Have worked in a sales environment
- Have worked in a digital agency environment
About Orange Bus.
Orange Bus is a digital agency and award-winning innovation hub. We deliver digital services, products and strategies to clients – like the NHS, Aston Martin, Joules and O’Neill – in the public and private sector. We develop everything from websites and applications, to CMS platforms and digital touchpoints, using cutting-edge web technologies. In 2016, we were acquired by Capita and today we’re continuing to expand and build our capabilities. Want to be part of a rewarding, refreshing and unique creative organisation? You’ve found it.
Orange Bus are part of Capita Plc, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers’ needs, we’ve helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day’s holiday, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country – the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.