Apprentice Site Engineer Power Transmission & Distribution UK Wide
Qualifications needed 5 GCSEs/ National 5s or equivalent
Closing Date applications are open until 22nd November 2019, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date. Assessment Centres will be held in December
Location various projects covering the UK ranging from Scotland in the North to South West England, we would ask you to be flexible on location
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
We designed our Site Engineer Apprentice Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. Youll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; youll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning.
What you’ll be doing
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice Site Engineer. This role will give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
The Apprentice Site Engineer will join a well-established team that offers services across the transmission and distribution spectrum. Operating from Low Voltage (LV) to Extra High Voltage (EHV) cabling, OHL and Substations with a special focus on 132kV to 400kV.
- Our teams assess scheme feasibility and scope the detailed requirements of a contract before work begins.
- We provide technical engineering solutions to regional, national and international electricity networks.
- We help deliver a reliable, safe supply of power to millions of homes and businesses internationally. Our experience and expertise cover the whole electricity grid, including overhead lines, cable tunnels and distribution networks.
- Our teams offer a wide range of services, from scoping and feasibility to design, construction and on-going maintenance.
- We provide flexible resources and innovations that power some of the worlds most ambitious transmission and distribution projects.
Your responsibilities as Apprentice Site Engineer include:
- Work collaboratively with the Site Engineer and Support Functions to deliver your tasks and enhance solid working relationships as one team across the business.
- Support the Site Engineer in the planning, controlling and managing the delivery of your tasks on your project(s) utilising the necessary resource and skills, within the agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality
- Instil a strong safety culture and develop the capability of our project team(s) to take personal responsibility through strong visible leadership
- Drive yourself and others to comply with all business policies, procedures and governance
- Support the Project Engineer/Site Engineer to lead on developing a high performance culture of one team
- Talk positively and listen actively across the business and the people within it
Who we’re looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Commercial and Financial Awareness
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to work across conflicting interest groups to develop solutions to complex operational and commercial problems
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to tease out sensitive issues and lead cross-functional teams towards solutions
- Minimium of level 5 GCSEs level A* – C or 9 – 4 (including Maths and English)
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Work experience or Part time employment
- Full UK Driving Licence
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme visit the website https://www.balfourbeattycareers.com/early-careers/apprentices/ and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.
To apply, please click below: