Our people are at the heart of our continued success. Being part of KPMG is being part of a community of talented and innovative people. Not one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. Whoever you are, there is a place for you here.
About the programme
The largest of our UK practices, Audit is all about examining organisations, and ensuring their published annual accounts are a ‘true and fair’ reflection of their financial performance.
As a member of our Audit team, you’ll focus on delivering high-quality results for our stakeholders. You’ll use new technologies, such as artificial intelligence and predictive analytical tools, to provide insights and help businesses to succeed. You’ll have the chance to gain a deep understanding of a variety of businesses across different sectors – from the biggest multinationals, through to innovative start-ups.
As an apprentice, you’ll gain a breadth of expertise and experience in Audit. You’ll be equipped with valuable technical skills, broad commercial understanding and in-depth knowledge of different industry sectors. Apprentices joining the Audit Programme will have the opportunity to work in a specific business area, whilst studying towards a valuable professional qualification.
Key skills required
– Works cooperatively and can build positive, constructive business relationships
– Takes accountability for delivering high quality, accurate work
– Self-motivated and organises own workload to ensure effective delivery of engagements/projects
– Strives to continually improve
– Curious about businesses and likes working with data
– Forward-thinking and ready to learn
What are we looking for you to show us?
During the recruitment process, you will need to demonstrate KPMG’s Global Behavioural Capabilities which will give us confidence that you’ll be successful in the firm. By this, we mean the skills and behaviours that every person here at KPMG shares. To us, ‘behaviours’ are more than the way you act – they represent the set of values that underpin our business.
KPMG’s Global Behavioural Capabilities are:
– Career Motivation
– Delivers Quality
– Drives Collaboration and Inclusion
– Strives for Continual Improvement
– Exercises Professional Judgement
– Makes an Impact
– Seizes Business Opportunities
– Demonstrates Innovation and Curiosity
Further information on these behaviours can be found at www.kpmgcareers.co.uk/behaviouralcapabilities
What your job will involve
In general terms your role will involve:
– Developing positive relationships with the Audit team, finance teams and the wider business
– Building an understanding of businesses’ systems and processes. Applying knowledge gained through off-the-job learning and on-the-job work experience
– Owning assigned work – Assisting more senior members of the team in the Audit of complex areas.
– Championing the use and development of technology across Audit
– Helping to embed technology and data analytics in the audit process
– Participating in social and networking events
Your training and development
In addition to your role responsibilities, we will support you through Accounting and Taxation apprenticeships at Level 4 and Level 7. You will study towards the AAT Level 4 qualification. On completion of the Level 4 apprenticeship you will commence the Level 7 qualification with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ACA) or the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (CA).
KPMG is dedicated to ensuring you have the best chance of passing your exams, and therefore have a dedicated Professional Qualification Training and Accreditation team whose focus is to ensure that each KPMG apprentice fulfils their potential.
Years One and Two: Once you join the programme, you will have regular conversations about your career. Your foundation year will help you transition into life at KPMG, and develop your professional skills and knowledge. You will complete the AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping and the AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting.
Years Three, Four and Five: You’ll continue your professional development through a range of learning opportunities, and build your technical skills through Audit engagements. You’ll progress in terms of your studies, and work towards your Level 7 ACA or CA qualification and apprenticeship.
Post qualification your personal and professional development will continue via our ‘core+’ training options, allowing you to build your own challenging and varied career within audit.
What do we look for?
Within our recruitment process, we look for more than just your academics results. This wider perspective helps us ensure that we are giving you the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential. We assess your application against KPMG’s Global Behavioural Capabilities and combine a number of different factors, and how you perform in our recruitment process to build our confidence in whether you will be a success at KPMG.
As a general rule, you’ll be expected to meet the following requirements:
GCSE and A-level Entry Requirements
– 5 GCSEs Grades A*-C or 4 – 9 including Maths and English Language
– Minimum of 104 UCAS points under the 2017 tariff point system (e.g. BCC at A Level or equivalent qualifications*)
* Or international equivalent
Scottish Entry Requirements
– -A minimum of five National 5 qualifications at grades 1-3 which must include Maths and English (or equivalent).
– Equivalent of 104 new UCAS tariff points at Higher/Advanced Higher level.
Please note, that we only consider a candidate’s ‘top’ 3 A-level grades (or equivalent) and do not accept General Studies.
Your KPMG Experience
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, the chance to work with a wide range of companies or volunteering opportunities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re proud of our culture – it’s one that recognises hard work, encourages new ways of thinking and embraces diversity and inclusion. We also have an innovative spirit which inspires what we do and how we do it – striving to be better lies at the heart of who we are.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best – that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. They’re our way of recognising and rewarding our colleagues for giving their best at work. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From preferential banking to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.