What is Assurance at EY?
Assurance is reassurance that a business is protected from risks that can affect its reputation or performance. As external auditors we help companies and governments publish accurate financial accounts others can rely on – so we can build a better working world.
Applications to this programme are now open in the following locations: Aberdeen, Bristol, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Hull, Leeds, London, Luton, Newcastle, Reading, Southampton
What will you be doing?
- Getting to know our clients, their businesses and how they work
- Testing checks and balances to ensure they work how they’re supposed to
- Analysing the data that goes into a financial statement to make sure it is true and fair
- You’ll also spend substantial periods of time travelling to other offices and client sites
- You will be expected to work longer hours during peak times in client delivery work – this is especially the case during busy season when you will need to work over weekends too
Are you eligible to apply?
We operate an open access to all policy and we don’t screen out any applications only on your academic performance at GCSE or A-Level. However, you’ll need a minimum of Level 2/GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language & Maths and to have completed three A-levels, five Scottish Highers or equivalent by the time the programme starts.
It is therefore important that you provide us with your top three obtained or accurately predicted A-Levels (or equivalent) as these will be verified and considered as part of the offer process should you be successful. Any drop in grades could jeopardise your offer of employment.