Looking to kick start your path to a degree?
With this 2 year Apprenticeship, you can complete a Level 4 qualification in Construction. During this time, you will complete placements in key areas of the business, before choosing to specialise in either Quantity Surveying or Construction Management in your final year.
Once complete, you will then progress onto our 3 year, Level 6 (degree) programme in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management, resulting in your degree certification.
The programme is delivered in what we call ‘block release’, which means you get the best of both worlds – a taste of university life and work! Each block typically lasts 4 weeks and you will attend a minimum of 2 blocks per academic year. During each block, you will live in student accommodation, close to Stephenson College, our designated training provider.
Our selected student accommodation is based between Nottingham and Loughborough, both of which are thriving University towns. When not on a block, you will be back on site, working Monday-Friday, while collecting evidence for your qualification.
What we’re looking for…
Early careers talent is really important to us here at BAM. We’re looking for people with enthusiasm and initiative. You will love working in a team, learn quickly and have a passion for working in construction.
Due to the nature of this Apprenticeship, it would suit school/college leavers from 18 years of age. When applications re-open you are only eligible to apply if:
- You have lived in the UK/EEA for a minimum of 3 years consecutively
- You do not already hold a Level 4 qualification in the same subject
- You have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent, including Maths, English and Science (grade C, GCSE grade 4 or above)
- AND you are completing or have completed a minimum of one STEM A-level, predicted or achieved grade C or above and two other A-levels predicted or achieved grade C or above
- OR you have a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience and a minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent, including Maths, English and Science (grade C, GCSE grade 4 or above)
- OR you are in your final year or have completed a Level 3 Construction qualification and also have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent, including Maths, English and Science (grade C, GCSE grade 4 or above)
What you’ll get
This nationally recognised Apprenticeship qualification takes 2 years to complete, prior to moving onto our 3 year, Level 6 (degree) programme. During this time you will receive a competitive salary and gain valuable training in the workplace while being supported every step of the way, guided by a personal development plan.
Register your interest now and we will send you a reminder to apply when applications re-open!
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.