About the role
Bid & Proposals Coordinator Apprentice Level 3 West Midlands
Qualifications needed 5 GCSEs A*-C or equivalent
Closing date – applications are open until 27th April 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you based in Solihull
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have a number of new exciting opportunities to work as a Bid & Proposals Coordinator Apprentice supporting our Win Business team. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Bid & Proposals Coordination with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an NVQ level 3 in Bid & Proposals Coordination. You will also have various other training opportunities, such as Induction, Continuous Improvement Training and Customer Service training. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities as a Bid & Proposals Coordinator Apprentice:
- Deal with communications with team members and other stakeholders in the business
- Support new business through the full end to end proposal process from initial interest and co-ordinating activities around pursuit of an opportunity, co-ordination of responses to selection questionnaires (SQ) and final tender proposal documentation submission.
- Work with the Win Business team including organising meetings, researching, structuring and writing proposal content, co-ordinating activities and document management. General business administration including filing, scanning, typing, and emailing
- Use a variety of Office 365 Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Cloud (including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) to compose,update and publish documents
Who we’re looking for
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs A*-C including Maths & English or equivalent coupled with an interest in marketing and business development.
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with good grammar and spelling, and an eye for detail
- You a creative flair and have an interest in creating stories and case studies
- You will have a excellent knowledge of Office 365 including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme click hereand you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
To apply, please click here
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Closing Date applications are open until 27th April 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.