Business Administration Apprentice – Plant Hire Control Level 2 Reading
Qualifications needed No prior qualifications required
Closing date: 16th August 2019
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity to work as a Business Administration Apprentice in Plant Hire Control on our M4 Smart Motorways Project. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Plant Hire Control with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an NVQ level 2 in Plant Hire Control. You will also have various other training opportunities. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
What you’ll be doing:
- Receive and evaluate requests from site personnel for goods and services via telephone, and email or in person
- Process requisitions for on-hire, off-hires and breakdowns, ensuring all legal, health & safety requirements have been met;
- Receiving deliveries and administration of any related paperwork
- Keep accurate up to date live hire report/ plant books
- Ensure all plant equipment that is issued is compliant with Health & Safety requirements & fit for purpose
- Completing contract documentation at both on-hire and off-hire stages including all legal and health & safety documentation;
- Recommend alternative products and options for carrying out the activities
- Support in investigating all plant related incidents on site
- Support in Damage and Loss meetings with supply chain
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
- You will be able to drive to site on the M4
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme visit the website here and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.