About the programme:
Business Administration Apprentice Level 2 Avonmouth
Qualifications needed No prior qualifications required
Closing date – 23rd August 2019 we reserve the right to remove the advert should the role be filled before this date
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity to work as a Business Administration Apprentice in our Major Projects Business Unit on the Hinkley Marine Project. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Business Administration with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an NVQ level 2 in Business Administration. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you may be given the opportunity to move into our site support team to work towards a career in finance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Filing, scanning, typing, faxing and emailing
- Use a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents
- Deal with communications (mostly over the telephone and face to face) with other stakeholders in the business
- Organise and service meetings which involve taking and preparing minutes, and undertaking any follow up actions.
- Minute taking may be complex, of a confidential nature and at a senior level for internal and external partners
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme visit the website here and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.