Role Title: Business Administration Apprentice Level 3 Southampton
Required qualifications: 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade A to C or equivalent
Closing Date applications are open through August 2019; however we reserve the right to remove adverts at any time.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you based in Southampton.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
Balfour Beatty Living Places have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to join our award winning Citywatch team. The right candidate will join a team of multiskilled, customer facing operators who undertake a wide remit of work across Southampton. From managing the traffic flows into and out of the city, providing support to the emergency services and managing access into a number of SCC owned properties, the work of the Citywatch team is certainly varied and diverse. You will work within the team to deliver customer service excellence to the residents, visitors and stakeholder of the city. Full training and development will be provided and will include formal training as well as role specific, workplace based training.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Business Administration with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an NVQ level 3 in Business Administration qualification. You will also have various other training opportunities.
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
Your responsibilities as a Business Administration apprentice:
- Filing, scanning, typing, emailing and general reception duties
- Use a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents
- Deal with communications both with other stakeholders in the business and with external customers
- Booking travel and accommodation
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 3 GCSEs A*-C including Maths & English or equivalent coupled with an interest in Business Administration and communications
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme visit the website here and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.