The main duties and responsibilities will include: –
- Receiving and handling phone calls, dealing with queries and providing general information about the school
- First point of contact for visitors, creating a pleasant reception area
- Welcoming children to the school office and helping them with their questions and problems
- Signing in visitors and handling face to face enquiries
- Providing general administration and clerical support such as photocopying, filing and completing standard forms and responding to routine correspondence
- Producing information data as required
- Compiling, maintaining and updating records
- Undertaking administrative procedures, registers, absence, school meals etc.
- Maintaining and re-ordering stock
- Operating relevant equipment/ICT packages (MS Office)
- Undertaking general financial administration (collecting dinner money)
Requirements and prospects
- IT Skills (MS Office)
- Good Numeracy and Literacy skills
- An understanding of administrative work
- Willingness to participate in training and development
- Can plan and organise
- Good communication skills
- Contribute to the overall ethics/work/aims of the school
- Ability to relate well to pupils and parents
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Flexible and reliable
GCSE Grades C and above in maths and English or equivalent.
Good knowledge of ICT.
Opportunity to potentially secure a full-time position within the academy.