Direct Line Group
Always the best of both worlds.
- £19,129 (includes 9% pension contribution)
- 37.5 hours per week
- Claims working hours -Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm and Saturday 9am – 5pm
- Customer Service working hours – Monday to Friday 8am – 9:15pm, Saturday 9am -5pm and Sunday 10am – 5pm
- You’ll be eligible for a bonus up to £500 in year 1 and up to £750 in year 2
- Study towards a Level 2 Financial Services Customer Advisor qualification
University isn’t always the answer. An apprenticeship with DLG will help you grow your career alongside working towards a recognised qualification and believe it or not, working in Insurance is fun. You’ll gain valuable experience working for a market leading Insurance company with a culture that encourages you to bring all of yourself to work. What’s even better is you’ll secure a permanent position at the end of your apprenticeship, if you’re performing and successfully complete your studies Come work for the 3rd Best Big Companies to Work for in 2019.
We’re searching for Claims and Customer Service apprentices to join our teams based in Leeds, on a 2-year apprenticeship programme. Our Leeds office is in the heart of the city centre which makes travel a doddle. We have a pool table in our onsite café and modern kitchen areas on each floor which includes instant boiling water taps to make hot drinks in a flash.
What you’ll be doing
- Our Customer Service team support our existing policy holders when they need to change details on their policy or renew their policy. You’ll follow scripts in certain areas, but as you get to know our customers, your extensive training and natural enthusiasm will allow you to take ownership of your role by doing what you do best – connecting with people and understanding their needs.
- Our Claims team are responsible for the validation, investigation, negotiation and fulfilment of first and third party damage claims, and any other associated losses. You’ll dedicatedly resolve outstanding investigations, in order to choose the most appropriate settlement route, optimising revenue generation and/or cost control opportunities.
What we’re looking for
- Firstly, you’ll need have an A*-D (9-3) GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English, which you will need to be able to evidence.
- You must have lived in the UK for the last 3 years
- We’re also looking for a confident communicator, an eye for detail, a drive for meeting targets and most meaningfully a real passion for providing exceptional customer service.
If this is you, then get your application in to make sure you don’t miss out.
Our exciting recruitment process
- Complete our quick online application. Read the full job description before you do as it will tell you exactly what we’re looking for We’ll carefully review your application.
- If we like what we see, we’ll invite you to complete a pre-recorded video interview and If your successful we’ll invite you to come in for an assessment centre
- Hopefully you’ll do great and if so, we’ll then offer you the role
- Finally, we’ll complete some pre-employment screening and then you’re ready start your amazing journey with us.
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.