The role focuses on managing Commodity Trade Finance (CTF) operational risk for transactional financing by ensuring rigorous and effective controls are in place to enable transactions are tracked through their life cycle and the resulting exposures and collateral to be monitored.
A typical day
- Manage day-to-day client contact and handling of client issues relating to Letters of Credit, Cash against documents and other Trade Services products with proactive follow up with the respective Operations; Sales; Product Management teams.
- New Client onboarding and management. Work in partnership with Implementations; Sales; Product and Technical Partners.
- Maintain active engagement with Product, Sales and Coverage partners in relation to new customer requirements.
- Enable EMEA Trade to provide our clients with a “best in class” service through streamlined operations delivery, innovative client solutions, clear, concise and timely responses to queries, Trade related issues and timely escalation of any issues to operations managers.
- Provide awareness to all managed clients of tools available to them to aid them.
- Handling escalations
- Escalate customer feedback, processing delays and errors appropriately.
- Liaising with Warehouse companies, clients and counterparts.
- Request approvals for Transactions that fall outside the approved criteria.
- Maintain pristine controls for all aspects of the TSP function to ensure effective risk management for EMEA Trade.
You must have
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (4-9) or equivalent, including English and Maths
– Organisational and co-ordination skills
– Good oral and written communication skills
– Ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
– Confidence, self-motivation, enthusiasm and initiative
– Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
– Demonstrate a proactive approach to work
– Ability to work in team environment
– Good attention to detail