Brief overview of the role
A Customer Service Apprenticeship will involve working as a customer or sales assistant as a full-time team member, helping with every aspect of creating a great customer experience and learning about how colleagues operate their business.
Your training will take place in store/office over the first 12 months so, no college days!
At the end of your training period you will complete a discussion around your experiences, a multiple -choice test and an observation within your role. You will be supported throughout by your team and your assessor to achieve your Level 2 or 3 qualification.
This is an opportunity to learn much more than just how to deliver excellent customer service, the apprenticeship covers how the store operates, how the business works commercially and covers brand reputation, legal and marketing.
Day -to-day duties
- The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service
- Understanding the business and maintaining the brand reputation
- Resolving customer queries
- Using knowledge to promote products to customers
- Highlighting promotional offers to work towards achieving sales targets
- Supporting promotion changes and stock rotation
- During your Apprenticeship you’ll also receive a staff
You should apply for this role if you …
- Are aged over 18 (Legal requirement as you may be working with nicotine/alcohol)
- Are confident working with people
- Are hardworking and looking for variety and a fast-paced working environment
- Can think on your feet
- Want to develop new skills
- Are a real team player
- Have a strong work ethic and flexible approach
- Have an interest in retail business
- Want to make a difference to our customers’ experience
- Are ambitious and keen to progress
- Are committed to achieving your qualification
You qualify if …
- You have a minimum of Grade C / 4 GCSE (or equivalent) in English
- You have a minimum of Grade C / 4 GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths
- You are NOT currently at college or 6th form and are available for full time shifts
- You HAVEN’T completed a Customer Service apprenticeship before
- You DON’T already have a degree or completed a year or more at University
- You are eligible to work in the UK