About the role
Data Analyst Apprentice Level 4 – West London
Qualifications needed 2 A levels or equivalent
Closing date – applications are open until 27th April 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you based in Watford initially then moving to West London.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as a Data Analyst Apprentice on the Old Oak Common Station Project for HS2. Initially based in Watford, the role will move to West London when site offices are ready. The role will develop your skills in collecting, organising and studying data whilst supporting the Skills, Employment and Education Manager. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Data Analysis with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will collect, organise and study data to provide business insight and support delivery of project objectives. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining Data Analyst NVQ level 4. You will also have various other training opportunities, such as Induction, Team working and other relevant training. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities as a Data Analyst Apprentice:
- Take responsibility for prioritising, initiating and completing tasks to successfully meet deadlines
- Proactively volunteer ideas and suggestions for improvements to working practice, showing understanding of implications beyond the immediate environment (e.g. Client, Subcontractors and relevant external partners).
- Manage resources, organise meetings and events, providing support throughout e.g. taking minutes / action logs and logistics support.
- Coordinate activities and update databases as required
- Collect, compile and cleanse data from different sources to ensure data quality
- Manipulate and link different data sets as required, performing routine statistical analyses and ad-hoc queries
- Use a range of analytical techniques such as data mining, time series forecasting and modelling techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data
- Assist in the production of performance dashboards, reports and data visualisation techniques
- Assist with the production of a range of ad-hoc and standard data analysis reports
- Summarise and present the results of data analysis to a range of stakeholders making recommendations
- Interpret and apply the organisation’s data and information security standards, policies and procedures to data management activities.
Who we’re looking for
Who were looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 2 A levels or an Advanced Apprenticeship in a relevant subject
- You will have a good knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- A thorough and organised approach
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
To apply, please click here
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Closing Date applications are open until 27th April 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.