Airbus Operations Limited
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Start date: September 2020
Closing date for applications: 1st March 2020
Joining an Airbus Apprenticeship Programme could be the ideal start to your career, just as it has been for many of our Senior Managers today. Our Apprentices receive second to none training, gaining the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to enable you to make an immediate contribution when you enter the workforce.
Our Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprentices will be working within a multi-disciplinary team on products and solutions to keep the Airbus IT Industrial landscape running smoothly, reliably, and efficiently. You will engage in all phases of IT product development and will analyse and translate business needs into information and technical requirements. You will secure the integration of solutions across applications, systems and platforms to achieve business objectives, and ensure consistency across IT Products. You will also collaborate with other Solution Architects, systems analysts, and developers to deliver the highest quality solutions via cutting edge technologies
Our unique 4 year Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship offers a full degree with no fees, plus vocational training with a regular salary. Through this Programme you will achieve a BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions, and gain professional working experience.
You will be studying via our training partner, Weston College (UCW), and your degree will be accredited by the University of the West of England. Your industry based work takes place at our world leading aircraft manufacturer site in Filton, Bristol.
This apprenticeship is delivered through a combination of on the job training at Airbus, and college based learning on day release over the duration of the 4 year Programme.
Key activities of the industry based work of this apprenticeship include;
- Proactively assist in defining the direction for future IT Products & Services and validate product designs.
- Participate in all phases of the application development life cycle including research and design, development, testing, implementation and support.
- Align architecture strategy with the organization’s business goals.
- Define policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the organization.
This is an ideal role for someone with a keen interest in ICT, digital technology, internet of things, mobile apps, data analytics and technology watching/trend monitoring. Some previous work experience would also be desirable.
In order to be eligible for this apprenticeship you must have a minimum of either:
- 3 A-Levels as grade C or above, preferably in Maths, Sciences and IT.
- BTEC L3 Extended Diploma in an IT/Digital subject, at minimum MMM grade.
Please note that, due to the funded nature of this Programme, applicants with undergraduate degrees in computing/IT are not eligible.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- The ability to work well in a team, as well as focus on your own self development
- Experience or knowledge of IT product design and development
- Ability to manage problems, produce documentation, and complete testing
- Knowledge of Information and knowledge management, and component integration
Please note that you must also include a cover letter as part of your application for this Programme which demonstrates your interest in aerospace and motivation to join the apprenticeship Programme.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It …Count!