Airbus Operations Limited
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Start date: September 2020
Closing date for applications: 1st March 2020
Launch an exciting career by joining our Airbus Apprenticeship Programme! Our Apprentices receive second to none training, gaining the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to enable you to make an immediate contribution when you enter the workforce. An Airbus Craft Apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to gain qualifications with no fees, whilst acquiring new skills through vocational training, and a regular salary.
As an Engineering Technician Apprentice at Airbus you will work with our excellent Early Careers Programme Managers who will guide you to follow one of the following exciting Apprenticeship paths;
- The Electrical Maintenance Programme, working to gain a NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma (in Engineering Maintenance), plus a National Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering and an HNC in Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Pathway).
- The Mechanical Maintenance pPogramme, working to gain a NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma (in Engineering Maintenance), plus a National Diploma in Engineering and an HNC in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering Pathway).
Your first year on either of these Engineering Technical Apprenticeship Programmes will be spent with our Educational Partner, Coleg Cambria (Deeside Campus) completing an initial Level 2 NVQ in Performing Engineering Operations; learning about manufacturing and engineering operations, developing manufacturing hand skills, and achieving a number of technical certificates and company required qualifications. Upon completion of our 48 month Programme you can expect to be qualified as a skilled Electrical or Mechanical Maintenance Fitter.
During your time in the Airbus factory as an Engineering Technician Apprentice you can expect to work within all of the Broughton production areas and may include activities such as;
- Maintaining and supporting the production machinery, jigs and tooling;
- Turning, milling, and grinding to carry out the repair of Jigs and fixtures;
- Responding to asset breakdowns;
- Ensure that the PPM plan is carried out to a high competent level and in a safe efficient manner.
As an Apprentice on the Mechanical or Electrical Maintenance pathway, your training will develop your ability to demonstrate effective troubleshooting on all plant assets including automated manufacturing systems, multi axis machining centres and treatments plants. Whilst day to day fault diagnosing within a highly competent team you will maintain technical specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), computerised systems and robotic devices.
In order to be eligible for this exciting Apprenticeship opportunity, you must have a minimum of either:
- Five GCSE’s including Grade B or 6 in Maths, Grade C or 4/5 in English Language and Science, plus other subjects at grade C or 4
- GCSE’s at Grade C or 4/5 in Maths and English Language, plus a BTEC L3 Diploma in an Engineering discipline
We can consider other qualifications such as Engineering BTEC Level 2, or an Engineering Diploma as an alternative to two GCSEs. Alternative qualifications must be in addition to the core GCSE subjects stated above.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.