Brief overview of the role
The role of a Facilities Management Apprentice is to support the smooth running of a School. This will include supporting the facilities team in ensuring that the facility is safe, auditing the school site and supporting the scheduling of site work and provide support for various members of staff.
Working week Monday – Friday (34 hours)
Weekly wage £132.00
Expected apprenticeship duration 12 months
Apprenticeship level Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- These may vary site-to-site but are likely to encompass:
- Overseeing the preparation of all facilities ready for letting periods and for day-to-day school use.
- Carrying out daily checks around the school
- Risk assessments
- Prompt attention to ensure that any problems (e.g. vandalism, graffiti, excess litter) are dealt with effectively and promptly
- To work under the direction of the Line Manager, class teachers and other staff to support maintenance functions
- To study relevant qualifications while you earn
- Requirements and prospects
- Professional, organised, and attention to detail
- Previous experience of working with children desirable, but not essential
- Confidence in your own ability to want to learn and develop
- Enthusiastic and have an interest in working with children
- A team player
- Reliable, committed, and punctual
- All Apprenticeships require an Enhanced DBS Check before the commencement of the role due to working with children.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grades A*- C, including English and maths.