Mishcon de Reya
The Finance Apprentice will gain valuable hands-on experience within the Cashiering team, whilst also gaining some exposure to the other teams within Finance to generate a real in-depth understanding of how a successful Finance function operates within a leading London Law Firm. This role will work closely with the Mentor and Manager in each team who will create a positive and supportive working environment.
A typical day
- Counsel/Expert fees â€“ accurately process invoices, ensuring they are allocated to the correct client files.
- Office account payments – include posting via our accounts software and entering on online banking.
- Opening and sorting incoming accounts post.
- Delivering of cheques around the firm and to local bank.
- Posting office transactions including electronic searches and write offs.
- Assisting the client cashiers with the monitoring of incoming funds.
- Accurate posting of client monies to the system.
- Transfer of funds to pay our bills.
- Working with the client, office teams on ad-hoc projects.
- To continually review and make suggestions for efficiencies to be implemented and new practices to be initiated within the department.
- Special Projects – Where required and with the approval of line manager, to work with fee earners on ad hoc requests where financial input is required.
You must have
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (4-9) or equivalent, including English and Maths
- Genuine interest to develop a career within Finance
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Enjoys working as part of a team as well as independently
- An inquisitive mind that enjoys learning
- Strong IT skills with an aptitude to learn new software
- Demonstrates a strong interest to become an expert-user in Excel
- Self-motivated and disciplined to be able to juggle academic deadlines with their workload
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships
- Resilient and calm under pressure