The Freeths Group is one of the UK’s leading regional law practices. We offer services to both the commercial and private client across the entire legal spectrum. We operate from offices in Birmingham, Derby, Leeds, Leicester, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Oxford, Sheffield, Stoke and Liverpool.
The firm has a wide range of clients throughout the UK with many clients having strong international connections. We have over 150 partners and more than 800 members of staff in total.
Our client base reflects our nationwide strength and our nationwide service delivery. We are committed to continuous improvement and our increasing success as a business is built on achieving success for our clients. We work in close partnership with clients, providing positive, practical solutions and clear, comprehensive advice.
Our aim is to attract and retain the most talented people, and part of this is providing a great place to work. So, to support fairness and equality and to encourage a healthy work-life balance, we continually monitor and improve our benefits.
We are proud that what we have achieved has been recognised over the past few years, being awarded Best Companies star status on a number of occasions and have featured in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For. We are also a silver standard accredited Investor in People Company, which means we are recognised for our efforts to improve work place engagement, leadership, personal growth, wellbeing, team working and our impact on society.
To assist the finance team with the day to day running of the department.
The Freeths Finance team is creating a new position for a finance apprentice. The ideal candidate should be committed to a career in finance and looking to join a forward thinking team.
You will assist the finance team with their day-to-day duties whilst developing your finance skills. These day-to-day duties will include:
- The production and posting of journals;
- Producing fee earner and client reports;
- Nominal ledger analysis work;
- Various ad-hoc tasks as required
We are looking for applications from individuals who have a willingness to learn, coupled with a flexible attitude and a professional approach.
- No experience necessary, but an enthusiasm for a career in finance is a must
- Good numerical skills, including an attention to detail
- Strong excel skills, although training will be provided
- Grade 5/6 in GCSE Maths and English and Grades B at A Level (if applicable)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Must be able to work under pressure