About the role
Health, Safety & Environment Apprentice Level 3 – West London
Qualifications needed 5 GCSEs 9-4 or equivalent
Closing date – applications are open until 27th April 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you based in London
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as a Health, Safety & Environment Apprentice on the Old Oak Common Station Project for HS2. Initially based in Watford, the role will move to West London when site offices are ready. The role will develop your skills in planning, reporting and inspections whilst supporting the Health and Safety Manager. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Health, Safety and Environment with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive H&S support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining Safety, Health and Environment NVQ level 3. You will also have various other training opportunities, such as Induction, Continuous Improvement Training and Customer Service training. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities as a Health, Safety & Environment Apprentice:
- Assist the HSS Manager in providing the material for induction and training, ensuring material is equitable, inclusive and accessible to all, to embed an industry / sector leading HSE culture from Day one
- Attend key Project safety meetings with contractors and assisting in the production of minutes
- Assist in reporting incidents in Horace
- Interrogate project wide HSS performance and assist in producing Project statistics for the monthly report
- Assist in carrying out field / on-site inspections and subsequent reports, ensuring where required, follow-up of corrective actions
- Assist in developing innovative and effective digital solutions for HSS on site.
- Depending on starting date, opportunity to assist in the safety by design tasks, to embed the right HSS culture from Day one
- Use a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents
Who we’re looking for
Who were looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs 9-4 including Maths & English or equivalent coupled with an interest in Health, Safety and Environment.
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a keen interest in construction and infrastructure and a good attention to detail.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
To apply, please click here
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Closing Date applications are open until 27th April 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.