Role Title: Apprentice Safety, Health & Environment Technician Level 3 London
Required qualifications: 5 GCSEs at grade A to C or equivalent including Maths, English and IT
Closing Date applications are open through August 2019; however we reserve the right to remove adverts at any time.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you based in the North East.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
This is an opportunity to join our existing Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability team, based in London.
The successful candidate will be able to contribute their ideas to the work we do, supporting some of the most exciting and innovative projects around the world. Its an opportunity to make a real, practical difference to the business from the very start. Helping to achieve Zero Harm, you will take an active part in projects, campaigns and initiatives to keep our workforce safe and healthy, and save lives on construction sites. You will also support in making sure our projects meet the necessary environmental criteria, and leave a positive legacy on the communities we work in.
Our apprenticeship programme recognises the importance of giving meaningful and challenging work, so you can expect to be immersed in real activities and given responsibilities from the outset. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Visit a range of live and exciting construction projects in London.
- Assisting with onsite HSES inspections.
- Investigate incidents, analyse data and present findings to the management team.
- Draw on your own experience to assist our designers, engineers and supply chain in making the construction process safer, healthier and more sustainable.
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability
- A flexible approach to work, both office based & out on site, and able to adapt to change
- A team focus with the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with a wide variety of people, at many levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions.
What youll need:
- A full driving licence is required for the role
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme visit the website here and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.