Apprenticeships are a practical way to kick-start an exciting career
Almost 8 billion people live on the earth today, a number that will swell to 11 billion by the end of the century. Addressing the demands of a growing and ever more demanding population, while mitigating the impact on the earth, is at the heart of what Siemens does. Making a difference to the flow of energy and the places where we work and live. Together we are part of shaping an-all electric world and creating perfect places.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure comprises intelligent energy supply and building technology, with Siemens’ deep domain expertise in these two environments and digitalization as the foundation.
Based in our Digital Grid business within Siemens Smart Infrastructure, we create environments that care. This helps our customers thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
As an exciting new role in our department, you will be bridging the gap between our Service Delivery and Technical Change teams. Your primary goal will be to analyse incidents and engage with the business on solutions to prevent reoccurence.
You will assist with reinvigorating some of our ITIL 4 processes – really getting to grips with the improved guidance on service management and blending AGILE and Lean Six-Sigma methodologies.
You will also lend administrative support to our more technical-based team to broaden your skillset and give you all the technical knowledge you need to establish root causes for incidents across our IT systems.
You will start with administration / analysis of current incident and problem management processes and go on to produce service improvement plans; engaging with the business as well as supporting with management reporting as your skillset progresses throughout the apprenticeship.
What could I be working on throughout the apprenticeship?
- Monitor incident tickets to spot patterns & help maintain a high level of service for our customers
- Create an understanding of true incident impact to our customers
- Set up review meetings to actively determine root causes of incidents
- Recognise critical issues with IT systems causing repeated incidents & develop improvement plans based on business priority
- Produce business improvement plan slide packs & presentations
- Create & maintain incident review documentation
- Work with external third-party providers to ensure their best service in relation to incidents is delivered
- Assist with monthly analysis review meetings
- Create & maintain business incident ticket reporting
- Maintain quarterly documentation reviews
- Work with stakeholders to produce accurate costs/benefit models
- Help to produce dashboards to display key business metrics
What qualifications will I be gaining throughout the apprenticeship?
You will be studying towards the following qualifications throughout your apprenticeship:
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library v4 (ITIL 4)
- Lean Six Sigma – Yellow Belt level which is an internally run course
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds:
- You will have achieved or be on track to achieve 3 A-Levels or BTEC equivalent one of which must be Maths, English Language or Information Technology.
- You will be able to take full ownership of tasks
- You will be completely self-starting (once trained & with ongoing guidance)
- You will have good communication skills
- You will have good analytical and problem-solving skills
- You will be extremely well-organized and have good time management as you will be interacting with two teams throughout the apprenticeship.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 352,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.