Brief overview of the role
Our HR Apprenticeship Programme provides you with the opportunity to learn whilst working as a member of HR staff. You’ll gain the vital experience essential if HR is the sector you want to work in after. On the job you’ll be given tasks aimed to adapt your skills alongside expanding your knowledge on the vital day to day duties.
- Ensure all employees have up to date; contact details, references and documentation
- Where possible to provide HR advice further through your apprenticeship
- Check and confirm changes with payroll
- Perform background checks for full-time staff
- Consult with Full-Time staff regarding holidays, updating relevant system to show this on record, as well as marking sick days or lateness
- Handling various other day to day queries you are able to assist with
- Creating or adjusting current documentation systems put in place, improve efficiency in the workplace
- Filing, photocopying, shredding and dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- Ad hoc HR/Office tasks where necessary
Training within the Role
This training programme focuses on developing classroom delivery and work within schools. As an entry level apprenticeship, you’ll learn the basics of how to excel as part of the HR department.
Training is coursework based, apprentices are able to achieve a pass or distinction. To gain a pass the apprentice will have to achieve all components being assessed, likewise, to gain a distinction however must exceed in a number of components being assessed.
The qualification aims to grow your existing skill set in the following key areas:
- Knowledge of HR systems, how and where to use them effectively in scenarios
- Communicating as a team to various departments across the company/school
- Organisation of documentation, staying ahead of workload
- Following relevant procedures put in place such as background checks etc.
- Ability to listen in on problems to then provide an alternative or solution to the issue being raised
Upon successful completion you will gain a level 3 Human Resources Support CIPD Qualification, this qualifies you to progress onto a level 5 Human Resource Consultant/Partner Apprenticeship equivalent to a foundation degree.
All candidates take part in an initial intense training programme at the start of the selection process. During this period our experienced staff will prepare candidates for their placements by giving them the foundations that they will need for securing a placement. Our Employability team will also be on hand to support with interview skills ready for a placement interview.
Study relevant qualifications while you earn
Requirements and Prospects
- Able to deal effectively with colleagues/customers, using sound interpersonal skills and communicating well through a range of interactions e.g. phones, face to face etc.
- Working as a team, supporting colleagues and the team to achieve HR related goals
- Can keep up to date with workload, adapt to a busy environment where processing documents to a deadline may be required
- Takes ownership of tasks to see them through till a resolution has been concluded
- Driven and self-motivated
- ICT (MS Office) skills
- Working to tight deadlines
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- A confident communicator
- Professionally presented
- Punctual and reliable
- Positive attitude to change in work environment
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and maths, grades A*-C or Functional Skills Level 2.
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities
Let Me Play, LMP Education and Sporting Education are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers.