You will be working with our client that provides critical services and capability to the Ministry of Defence. We work in partnership with a number of IT partners, delivering infrastructure services across a wide range of technical capabilities. You will also be working with projects, helping to transform the It we provide to our client.
Your role will focus on two key aspects of Infrastructure Services – Service Management, and technical capability. You will be hands-on, involved in the building of infrastructure components such as servers, networks and end user devices. Our service management disciplines – the managing of incidents, problems and changes – will give you direct contact with our client. So, you will need to focus on providing an excellent customer experience too.
- You will be rotating between roles within the team, so that you get exposed to all aspects of the service we deliver. This helps you find your ideal career path and helps us build a team of rounded individuals who are multi skilled with a wide range of capabilities.
- You’ll be involved in the design, build, deployment and management a few of our technical disciplines and technologies. We can’t list them here for security reasons, but you will need to learn quickly.
- You will deliver several of our service management capabilities – be that helping on the service desk, to managing changes, producing capacity and availability plans, resolving problems, building service improvement plans.
- You will be an operator of our operations bridge – using tools and data to spot trends, identify reoccurring problems, and help manage our partners to proactively manage the IT service.
On this apprenticeship, learners will become competent first line support for your business and customers. During this apprenticeship, you will gain seven qualifications, with six of them being from vendors including Microsoft and BCS.
Qualifications attained on this apprenticeship include
- CompTIA A+
- MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
- MTA Cloud Fundamentals
- BCS Coding and Logic
- BCS Business Processes
- You must be a UK only National – dual citizenship is not permissible.
- You must be suitable for Security Clearance to a minimum of SC level
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with a sharp eye for detail.
- A collaborative approach to work, as well as creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- You must be curious, wanting to learn and apply your skills to multiple challenges. Multitasking will be required.
To be eligible, you need:
- Maths and English A-C / 4-9
An industry-leading career. Access to innovative projects – and entrepreneurial colleagues. A team atmosphere where horizon-expanding challenges are matched with limitless professional opportunities. At Capgemini, we don’t just have a passion for the potential within technology, we live and breathe it. It’s a passion that our people share too. So, if you want to work in an organisation that celebrates ambition and creativity, and rewards hard work with a flexible benefits package that can be tailored to your life-stage, then you’ll be a natural fit here.
At Capgemini, we know that one solution doesn’t fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become more outstanding when ingenuity is applied to a thought-process. And we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people, who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 200,000 people and nearly 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of; at Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
This role requires security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years and be a UK National (we cannot accept applications from people with dual nationality). If you have spent more than six months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely based on academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using several tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.
Click the ‘Apply’ button below and follow the instructions. It is essential that you complete the application form and state your grades for all relevant qualifications as it is a requirement for the programme. Failure to meet the criteria ahead of your start date will result in your offer being retracted.
If your application for a Degree Apprenticeship is shortlisted, you’ll be asked to complete a online Situational Strength Test to ascertain a cultural fit. If you’re successful there, the next stage will be a Digital Interview which is a combination of written and video recorded questions. Next, you’ll be invited to an assessment centre on-site, consisting of an interview, micro exercises and a group exercise. We will keep you updated at every stage of the process.