Role Title: IT Apprentice (Application Administration) Level 3 Maxim
Required qualifications: 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade A to C or equivalent
Closing Date applications are open through August 2019; however we reserve the right to remove adverts at any time.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you based in Motherwell.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to join our back office applications team. The right candidate will join our team based at the Maxim business park near Motherwell. You will follow a training programme as part of our Industry recognised Apprenticeship programme, geared towards you achieving Information Technology & Telecommunications Professional (SQA) SCQF Level 6 or 8.
What you’ll be doing:
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in IT with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business.. You will also have various other training opportunities.
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
Your responsibilities as an IT apprentice:
- Support the authorisation and monitoring of access in accordance with established organisational policy
- Support the documentation and adherence to the process and procedures for authorising and monitoring of access to IT facilities or infrastructure:
- Identify access risks producing assessments and mitigation plans to address risks within agreed timescales, evaluating business impact
- You may produce reports as and when required for key stakeholders with regards to access provision, and any instances of unauthorised access, etc, under the direction of the Administration Lead
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 3 GCSEs A*-C including Maths & English or equivalent coupled with an interest in Business Administration and communications
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme visit the website here and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.