About the role
IT Apprentice SCQF Level 6 or 8 Central Belt
Qualifications needed 5 National 5s equivalent
Closing date – applications are open until 27th April 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About the programme:
Our aim is to develop your Business and IT support skills and to help you reach your full potential. As your programme progresses you will have increased involvement in ICT operational support in a number of specialist functional areas. Throughout you will ensure compliance with our Health and Safety and Sustainability agenda and aspire to become a ICT Service professional.
Our apprenticeship programme recognises the importance of giving meaningful and challenging work, so you can expect to be immersed in real activities and given responsibilities from the outset. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will also have various other training opportunities, such as Induction, Continuous Improvement Training and Customer Service training. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
You will follow a training programme as part of our Industry recognised Apprenticeship programme, geared towards you achieving Information Technology & Telecommunications Professional (SQA) SCQF Level 6 or 8.
The typical duration for this apprenticeship is 14 months.
What you’ll be doing
The role will work collaboratively as a member of the Enterprise Content Management Team to assist in the design, development and support of a wide range of the companys intranet and other SharePoint sites. This will include;
- Developing new sites for different areas of the business
- Managing and maintaining the company intranet by providing support for the user base
- Gaining a strong experience of communicating with users to turn their requirements into functioning products for the business to use
- Regularly demonstrate work in progress to end users, both face to face and via on-line tools to obtain feedback.
- The Apprentice will be involved in demonstration and feedback sessions to learn the skills and techniques to effectively communicate and engage with the clients within the business.
You will also get a chance to work on exciting projects such as Digital Briefcase development, assisting with the enterprise roll-out of Office 365 and development of the Balfour Beatty Chatbot.
Who we’re looking for
What we’re looking for:
- Good attention to detail and ensure your work is accurate
- An eagerness to learn and develop in different parts of a business in an office-based role
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Be comfortable with and interested in working with numbers
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be team focussed
What youll need:
- Minimum of five Standards(or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths and English
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
To apply, please click here
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Closing Date applications are open until 27th April 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.