Let Me Play, established in 2004, which works alongside a group of companies focused on education and social impact, working together to bring about positive, sustainable change.
The various divisions of LMP service schools, businesses and individuals across the UK through Wraparound Care, Alternative Education, Apprenticeship and upskill programmes.
At LMP we embrace all education pathways, recognising that the definition of success is unique to the achiever and believing in alternative methods of engagement such as sport and creative activities. We are a team of industry leaders who know the power of encouragement and positive influence and advocate healthy lifestyles and healthy minds for all ages.
Our ever-ambitious team has driven the expansion of our apprenticeship programme. This growth presents us with the opportunity to recruit passionate people to join our team of apprentices. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and care about engaging young people then we want to hear from you.
The role of an IT Apprentice is to support the smooth running of the office within the IT department. This will include:
- Supporting the IT team in ensuring that all IT functions are working smoothly.
- Auditing the school site and supporting the scheduling of IT work.
- Provide support for various members of staff • To work under the direction of the Line Manager, class teachers and other staff to support maintenance functions.
- To study relevant qualifications while you earn.
- Training within the Role This training programme focuses on developing your knowledge around IT.
The qualification aims to grow your existing skillset in the following key areas:
- IT User Fundamentals
- Word processing
- Presentation software
- Database use IT Security for users
- Website software
- Desktop publishing software
All candidates take part in an initial intense training programme at the start of the selection process. During this period our experienced staff will prepare candidates for their placements by giving them the foundations that they will need for securing a placement. Our Employability team will also be on hand to support with interview skills ready for a placement interview.
Education and Experience
Required – 5 GSCE’s (Grade A-C) including English and Maths for the Level 3 Good computer skills
Key Skills and Experience
- Enthusiastic and have an interest in working within a School or business environment.
- A team player
- Reliable, committed and punctual attitude
- Professional, organised and attention to detail
- Previous experience of working within a business environment (desired)
- Confidence in your own ability to want to learn and develop
- All Apprenticeships require an Enhanced DBS check before the commencement of the role