About the role
Business Administration Apprentice Level 3 or 4 Telford & Wrekin
Qualifications needed 5 GCSEs 9-4 or equivalent
Closing date – applications are open until 27th April 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you based in Derby
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have a number of new exciting opportunities to work as a Business Administration Apprentice. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Business Administration with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an NVQ level 3 or 4 in Business Administration. You will also have various other training opportunities, such as Induction, Continuous Improvement Training and Customer Service training. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities as a Business Administration Apprentice:
?A. Receiving visitors at reception by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing appropriately. Ensuring the reception and surrounding areas are kept tidy, presentable and safe at all times
- Maintain office security ensuring all visitors are signed in, inducted and provided with a visitors badge.
- Take deliveries and arrange for collection or delivery to appropriate persons or department
- Booking of pool cars, bikes, projectors etc
- Undertake office facilities management tasks e.g. stocking of the vending machine, calling out engineer to deal with photocopier issues etc.
- Diary management to include meeting and training room bookings, travel and accommodation bookings, organization and supporting of events.
- Event/Meeting Organisation, preparing the room, providing tea, coffee, organizing lunch. To include cleaning up after events. To include keeping these rooms tidy and presentable.
- Taking customer service calls, providing a positive first point of contact for members of the public and other stakeholders
- Timely processing of business critical data
- Maintaining appropriate supplies e.g. vending machine goods, stationery etc.
- Managing the Departmental inbox, dealing with queries or forwarding to the necessary person or department as necessary
- Filing, photocopying, archiving and binding as and when required
- Minute Taking (Client and BB meetings)
- Support ad hoc tasks at times of need e.g. consultation events, survey inputting etc.
- Undertake and be flexible to any customer service/administrative task to support the overall contract as and when required
Updating of company noticeboards
- My Contribution continuous improvement administration
- Monthly Reporting Administration
- Assist the OCC Team with production of stat plans and committing jobs on Confirm
- Invoicing for fixed penalty notices and filing of temporary traffic notices
Who we’re looking for
Who were looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs 9-4 including Maths & English or equivalent coupled with an interest in Business Administration.
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
- Works well as part of a team and as an individual using own initiative
- Able to prioritize and manage own time effectively and work well under pressure ?A. Good communication skills both oral and written
- Positive attitude
- Professional appearance adhering to company dress code
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
To apply, please click here
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Closing Date applications are open until 27th April 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.