OHL Apprentice Operative Power Transmission & Distribution UK Wide
Qualifications needed no prior qualifications needed
Closing Date applications are open until 22nd November 2019, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Location various projects covering the UK ranging from Scotland in the North to South West England, we would ask you to be flexible on location
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
We designed our OHL Apprentice Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. Youll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; youll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning.
What you’ll be doing
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an OHL Apprentice Operative. This role will give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
The OHL Apprentice Operative will join a well-established team that offers services across the transmission and distribution spectrum. Some the activities the team gets involved in are:
- To construct, refurbish and maintain overhead transmission lines.
- Recognise the importance of a modern power network by helping create renewable energy resources and sustainable electricity to supply power safely, reliably and economically. We help our customers make the right decisions and deliver their investment plans to the highest standard.
- Offer services across the transmission and distribution spectrum. Operating across various Voltages OHL and Substations with a special focus on 132kV to 400kV.
- Provide flexible resources and innovations that power some of the worlds most ambitious transmission and distribution projects
Who we’re looking for
- Flexibility Willing to travel and work all across the UK
- Aptitude for working environment
- Responsibility a sensible attitude towards health and safety
- Strong communications skills
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Work experience or Part time employment
- Full UK Driving Licence
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme visit the website https://www.balfourbeattycareers.com/early-careers/apprentices/ and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.
To apply, please click below: