Boots is the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer, with over 2,500 stores in the UK, ranging from local community pharmacies to large destination health and beauty stores.
The importance of the placement.
We take our Early Career development very seriously at Boots. We’ve got a long history of running successful apprenticeship programmes and we really want to help you achieve your full potential. This exciting opportunity gives you the chance to earn a real wage whilst you continue your education.
How will you do it?
This Apprenticeship programme is a great opportunity to kick start your pharmacy career and make a positive difference to the lives of our patients and customers.
Each and every day we pride ourselves on giving patients the very best care and attention with the services we offer and advice on their healthcare needs. You will be learning how to provide professional and proactive advice to our patients through great conversations as well as delivering the technical aspects of safely supplying medicines. You’ll also develop the skills it takes to operate a dispensary day to day.
This is often a fast paced environment, and you will interact with many different people, and will be a core member of the pharmacy and healthcare team.
What you’ll be doing day to day in your apprenticeship.
It’s all about providing health advice through focussed conversations with our patients, whilst giving clear, accurate answers and advice and working with the pharmacist and pharmacy team to dispense and ensure safe supply of prescription medication.
Your duties will include:
- Learning how to tailor conversations with every customer to ensure they leave your pharmacy feeling informed and confident about their healthcare needs
- Working towards delivering the technical aspects of the dispensary whilst ensuring the safe supply of medicines e.g. ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing, endorsing and collection of prescriptions.
- Complying with the legal and professional requirements and accepted guidance on professional practice in Boots.
- Seeking opportunities to engage with GPs and practice teams to provide great care to patients.
- Working towards delivering efficient dispensary operations and ensuring dispensing losses are minimised.
- Attending mandatory apprenticeship training workshops.