Airbus Operations Limited
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Start date: September 2020
Closing date for applications: 1st March 2020
Launch an exciting career by joining our Airbus Apprenticeship programme! Our Apprentices receive second to none training, gaining the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to enable you to make an immediate contribution when you enter the workforce.
Airbus UK design and manufacture and manage the Supply Chain for Wings, Landing Gear and Fuel Systems on all Airbus Commercial Aircraft. Wing manufacture is performed at the world class Broughton Production facility whilst design and Supply Chain management is based in Filton, Bristol. Components and parts are delivered from a supply chain spanning the globe. This Supply Chain is managed from the UK and delivers into the Airbus Wing manufacturing plant in Broughton for onward delivery to Final Assembly Lines located in France, Germany, USA, Canada and China.
Our 4 year Procurement and Supply Chain Management Degree Apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to gain valuable experience within this dynamic and challenging area. Through this apprenticeship you’ll gain a full understanding of Procurement and Supply Chain and learn how to apply this knowledge within a world class business environment.
We are looking for curious and driven individuals with a desire to learn more about the aerospace industry and the wider Airbus business. To be successful, we need good communicators who are comfortable at communicating with a wide range of people. We are looking for creative people who will help drive improvements within their teams.
You will gain a BSc (Hons) Professional Practice in Supply Chain Leadership delivered by Leeds Trinity University and Supply Chain Academy, studying via a combination of block release weeks at the university and on-the-job work experience at our world leading engineering and manufacturing site in Filton, Bristol.
During your Airbus apprenticeship, you will gain hands on experience with placements in Commercial Procurement, General Procurement and Supply Chain Operations, working with a diverse range of stakeholders from across the business, as well as Airbus suppliers.
Your role will be varied, developing your skills in all elements of supplier management, negotiation and contract management. Some of the key tasks you will undertake include:
- Working with a range of stakeholders within the Multi-Functional Team (MFT) including Programme, Engineering, Finance and Supply Chain to understand the business needs and provide commercial support.
- Engaging with supply chain tools to drive process improvement and embrace digitalisation.
- Supporting commercial negotiations with Airbus suppliers to achieve business targets.
- Supporting Sourcing and Call for Tender activities.
- Supporting cost reduction and optimisation projects as required.Your work based projects will underpin your learning and ensure that you’re developing yourself through real world scenarios.In addition to your work placements and studies, there are a number of valuable training opportunities available that will cover a variety of subjects including aircraft familiarisation, negotiation and contract management, as well as encouraging you to get involved in extra-curricular activities and community projects to broaden your experience and help you develop both your professional and personal skills along the way.
In order to be eligible for this apprenticeship opportunity, you must have a minimum of:
- 3 A-Levels – a minimum of two B’s and one C. A-levels in Business, Economics, Maths or Physics would be an advantage.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.