About the role
Role Title: Procurement Apprentice Level 4 Based in Watford
Required qualifications: 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade A to C or equivalent
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you to join our Procurement Teams across the country.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
At Balfour Beatty, it is our objective to become the customer of choice to the best suppliers. We are achieving this by increasingly concentrating our business with the best performing suppliers and supporting continuous improvement in areas important to Balfour Beatty and our stakeholders.
Our philosophy for working with suppliers is:
- Safety and sustainability are of paramount importance
- By sharing information in a constructive and open manner, we aim to motivate suppliers to improve performance
- We will recognise and reward high performance
- We think innovation, learning and teamwork should be positively encouraged
- There should be continuous measurable improvement in the service provided
- The partnership should seek to create an environment of trust, integrity and open communication
- Both parties should always strive to exceed customer expectation.
What you’ll be doing
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will follow a training programme as part of our Industry recognised Apprenticeship programme, geared towards you achieving Commercial Procurement and Supply (L4)
The typical duration for this apprenticeship is 2 years.
Your responsibilities as a Procurement Apprentice include:
- Sourcing and placing purchase orders for direct and indirect materials to support our construction projects
- Support the preparation of Invitation to Tenders, including inputting into procurement strategy documents. Manage the issue of ITTs through the online tender management tool.
- Managing the websites where project supply chain opportunities are advertised. Receiving and collating responses to advertised opportunities and managing new supplier enquiries.
- Deal with communications (mostly over the telephone and face to face) with other stakeholders in the business
- Use a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents
Who we’re looking for
Who were looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs A*-C including Maths & English coupled with an interest in Procurement
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Having a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to learn will be essential for this role
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme visit the website here and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.
To apply, please click below:
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date applications are open until 27th April 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies