We’re looking for a hard-working and proactive candidate to join Light Projects team as their new Production Assistant. Throughout your time with the company you will out essential administration that facilitates production and dispatch activities.
A typical day
- Making purchases for component suppliers, sub-contractors and international manufacturing partners.
- Manage the organisation and timely delivery of sales
- The monitoring and recording of stock usage so as to better manage our stock control.
- Decide upon and implement re-order quantities and minimum stock levels.
- Submitting the sales paperwork with a keen eye for detail to ensure the timely and correct manufacture of ordered goods
- Obtaining supplier quotations and maintaining an up-to-date price list for all products purchased.
- Update order documentation with purchase progress.
- Generate selling price lists for selected products based on our standard pricing template.
- Maintain a record of all costs
- Booking of international deliveries and collections.
- General filing duties.
- General administrative and organisational duties as and when required.
You must have
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (4-9) or equivalent, including English and Maths
- Basic arithmetic and numeracy – you need to be able to add up lists, calculate percentages, calculate fractions, use currency conversion tables, be able to understand volumetric units (cubic metres, cubic feet, calculation of areas from given lengths etc.).
- Some experience of full-time employment.
- Basic understanding of how to use excel spreadsheets, including basic formulae.
- A good command of the English language – to be able to make oneself fully understood and also to have full comprehension of what others are saying.
- A pleasant character that can negotiate