Real SFX is a practical special effects company that specialises in atmospheric, fire, explosives, mechanical rigs, model making and soft props. The team of highly skilled supervisors and technicians create bespoke physical effects for the TV, Film and Event industry. With the fully functional workshop in Cardiff, the team travels all over the UK working on high-end TV productions such as Peaky Blinders, Luther and Sherlock in addition to feature films such as Free Fire, Show Dogs, Final Score and Hunter Killer.
Real SFX is hiring a Production Office Apprentice to join their team in Cardiff. Please note that this is not a job involving prosthetics or makeup and Real SFX is not a CGI company but a special effects company that create a variety of physical special effects from scratch. As an SFX Production Apprentice the work is extremely varied and provides a good entry-level administrative role into the media industries.
The minimum working week will be 30 hours but could increase, dependent on the production commitments.
PLEASE NOTE this is not a job involving prosthetics, make up or making props.
Typical duties you will undertake will include assisting the Production Manager with:
- Answering the telephone
- Creating and maintaining production paperwork
- Data entry
- Arranging crew, transportation and accommodation
- Photocopying and filling
- General office administration
- Attending events
- Social media and website management
- Distributing production paperwork
- Coordinating and liaising with multiple productions at the same time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to think on your feet
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft and Mac computers
- Full UK Driving License
- Can-do attitude
Desirable but not Essential Skills:
- Fluent Welsh speaker
Whilst working for Real SFX you will be completing a 12-month Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media through Cardiff-based training provider, Sgil Cymru.
The salary for this role is £5 an hour but is negotiable dependent on experience and expertise.
For more information on the National Apprentice Minimum Wage, visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates