About the role
Project Management Apprentice SCQF level 8 Scotland
Qualifications needed: 3 Highers or equivalent inc Maths & English
Closing Date applications are open until 27th April 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best Apprentices and Trainees to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
As a Project Management Apprentice, you would work within the project team on a construction site to support and manage customer relationships and ensure successful project delivery.
The following qualifications will be gained:
Technical Apprenticeship SCQF Level 8 in Project Management
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities as a Project Management Apprentice:
- Support the management of operational resources
- Support the management of quality assurance
- Support planning and implementation of change
- Build strong Stakeholder relationships with clients, subcontractors and other key contacts and organisations
- Monitor contracts, budgets and relevant performance of contractors
- Understand and support decision making for the project and strategic planning
- Support risk management
- Support strategic business plans and innovation
- Develop knowledge and understanding across the full spectrum of site roles and activities i.e. Commercial, Planning, Project/Programme Management, Design, Engineering, Technology etc.
Who we’re looking for
- 3 Highers including Maths & English
- A full, clean UK driving licence
- Have the ambition and motivation to work within the engineering and construction industry
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
To apply, please click here
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date applications are open until 27th April 2020; however, we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.