You will be working in support of a secure client account that provides critical services and capability to the UK Defence programme. Your apprenticeship will allow you to develop essential business skills in delivering infrastructure services across a wide range of technical capabilities. You will also be working with diverse projects teams that are currently supporting the client through a transformation programme.
The focus of your role
Your role will focus on two key aspects of Infrastructure Services – Service Management, and technical capability. You will be hands-on, involved in the building of infrastructure components such as servers, networks and end user devices. Our service management disciplines – the managing of incidents, problems and changes – will give you direct contact with our client. So you will need to focus on providing an excellent customer experience too.
What you’ll do
- You will be rotating between roles within the team, so that you get exposed to all aspects of the service we deliver. This helps you find your ideal career path, and helps us build a team of rounded individuals who are multi skilled with a wide range of capabilities.
- You’ll be involved in the design, build, deployment and management a number of technical disciplines and technologies. We can’t list them here for security reasons, but you will need to learn quickly.
- You will deliver a number of our service management capabilities – be that helping on the service desk, to managing changes, producing capacity and availability plans, resolving problems, building service improvement plans
- You will be an operator of our operations bridge – using tools and data to spot trends, identify reoccurring problems, and help manage our partners to proactively manage the IT service.
What you’ll study
You will undertake an official Level 4 Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship which, coupled with your day to day activities “on the job”, will provide you with all the knowledge and experience you need to make and achieve a positive start in your career.
Skills learned will include: –
- Project Administration, Management & Governance
- Stakeholder and communications management
- Budgeting and Cost Control
- Business Case Preparation & Maintenance
- Scope Management
- Consolidated Planning
- Schedule Management
- Risk, and Issue Management
- Contract Management and Procurement
- Quality Management
- Resource Management
In addition, we will also ensure you are trained in/familiar with Project Management Methodologies such as AgilePM® and Prince2® and tools such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Planner etc.
What you’ll bring
- You must be a UK only National – dual citizenship is not permissible.
- You must be suitable for UK Government Security Clearance checks.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with a sharp eye for detail.
- A collaborative approach to work, as well as creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- You must be curious, wanting to learn and apply you skills to multiple challenges. Multitasking will be required.
To be eligible, you need:
- 7 GCSEs A*-C including Maths and English (4-9)
Plus one of the following:
- 3 A*-C at A-level (NOTE: AS Levels are not included)
- Complete Advanced Apprenticeship
- BTEC (Pass, Pass, Distinction minimum)
How to Apply
Click the ‘Apply’ button below and follow the instructions. It is essential that you complete the application form and state your grades for all relevant qualifications as it is a requirement for the programme. Failure to meet the criteria ahead of your start date will result in your offer being retracted.