Do you think you have what it takes to manage and deliver projects in a Digital world?
About the role
You should apply for this role if you…
• Have a natural flare for problem solving
• Are passionate about technology
• Are organised and structured
• Enjoy working with people
• Can articulate complex issues clearly to a wide range of people
• Want to make a real difference in the work you do
Not only is this an excellent opportunity to start your career and earn a good salary, the role also offers you the chance to enter a growing industry and become a Project professional of tomorrow.
We give our employees the opportunity to use their skills and talents to build a rewarding career. Throughout your career here you will never stop learning, and if you want to broaden your experience even further across the business we will support you. We are flexible, skilled, professional and diverse.
We rely on our projects to be on budget, on time and – ultimately – successful. On this two-year programme you’ll gain a comprehensive understanding of how we operate. It’s the ideal head start to become a project professional and with the right motivation and capability, a future leader of Royal Mail.
This exciting job will help you develop technical and managerial skills to deliver digital projects. It will also help you build a foundation of knowledge in the broader areas of Project Management – setting you up for a rewarding career.
On this programme you will:
• Learn the fundamental skills you need to begin your career as a Project Management professional
• Tackle topics such as planning, resource management, testing, security and stakeholder management
• Develop the fundamental skills required to be a Project Manager specialist including methodologies, planning, technical oversight and people management
• Gain invaluable experience by learning challenging theory and applying this straight on-the-job
• Be supported by experienced mentors and managers who will guide you through your apprenticeship.
• You have achieved a minimum of five GCSEs at grade C or above (including Maths and English)
• You have achieved two A levels (or equivalent) at grade C or above, in addition to your GCSEs
The Royal Mail Technology team is passionate about delivering high-quality products and outstanding digital experiences to our customers. Technology is instrumental in helping us achieve our objective to be recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe.
With a workforce of 150,000, our core network handles c.16 billion letters and c.1 billion parcels a year, delivering to more than 29 million addresses, 6 days a week. Our technology therefore needs to operate at scale. As a data driven business, with the largest PDA estate in the country, our systems need to handle more than 60m scan events and 1.4bn data points per day. You will be working for a brand that’s a household name and a critical part of the UK’s infrastructure.
Our technology vision is to “Enable, Digitise, Realise”:
• Enable – Create environments where open conversations are the norm and where teams work alongside each other to complement skills.
• Digitise – Utilise Technology to support the business. Making Technology thinking integral to the business. Increase the level of automation and implement connected systems.
• Realise – Invest in technology and keep taking all opportunities to consolidate systems. Focus on removing complexity within our systems and enable our cost base to decrease.
Our priorities include:
• Our postmen/women use 80,000 Android mobile devices and we are continuing to roll out new Apps all the time to help them to deliver a first class customer service.
• International business is one of our fastest growing areas – our IT systems have to integrate with IT systems in over 200 different territories in order for customers to track their parcels around the world.
• Continuously expanding our services to our customers, utilising predictive analytics and personalised services
• Transforming our customer’s digital journey’s through our website which is in the top 50 most visited UK websites – with 300m visits per annum, from 100m devices, resulting in 1bn page views, with 9.2m registered users, 20m unique visitors per month, and peaking at 7m visits per day during the Christmas peak.
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values and we’re proud to be recognised in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2019 for a 6th consecutive year. We welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
So if you’re interested in joining our team of passionate, motivated individuals, determined to shape the future of the parcels industry, then contact us to find out more about this opportunity and be part of our digital and agile transformation.