SEAC Recruitment Services Ltd
You will be employed by SEAC (an approved Apprenticeship Training Agency) to complete an Intermediate Facilities Operative Apprenticeship on placement with a school in Wisborough Green.
You will receive valuable on the job training in security, buildings and grounds maintenance which may be transferable into other property based careers. At the end of your apprenticeship, you will receive a nationally recognised qualification, as well as valuable work experience.
The school has a swimming pool and part of the role will involve the running of the pool, for example, testing the water, general cleaning and maintenance.
Full training will be provided to carry out a wide range of duties and responsibilities as follows:
• Ensure that the facilities such as buildings & grounds maintenance and security run smoothly so that the school can operate effectively
• Man the school’s pedestrian gate in the morning to welcome children safely into school
• Lock & unlock the school gates at various times during the day on both sites, ensuring the security of the site and assist in emergency and evacuation procedures
• Set-up rooms for events and support the co-ordination of events such as sports day
• Assist with the maintenance of external areas, including cleaning and litter picking
• Carry out minor general repairs and maintenance around the school
• Deal with enquiries from members of staff and contractors
• Take delivery of stock and check against the original purchase order to ensure the correct goods have been received
• Deliver stock and goods to relevant departments
• Move furniture and heavy objects around the school at the request of members of staff, in accordance with safe manual handling guidelines
• Ensure stocks of consumables are maintained and correctly stored
• Read energy meters and monitor heating and ventilation systems
• Light cleaning duties and empty bins; and carry out emergency cleaning due to spillages or other unforeseen circumstances
• Be aware of and comply with the policies and procedures relating to: child protection; equality and diversity; health, safety and security; confidentiality and data protection
Apprenticeship qualification included: Intermediate Facilities Operative Apprenticeship (expected duration: 15 months)
• Good communication skills;
• Ability to manage own time effectively and to demonstrate initiative (but also to know when matters need to be referred to a supervisor)
• Ability to show a hard-working and organised approach to the role;
• Basic DIY skills would be an advantage;
• A flexible and adaptable approach;
• Eager and willing to learn
• An approachable and friendly manner;
• A positive attitude
• A professional approach
• Cheerful disposition
• Discrete and understand the need for confidentiality.
GCSEs in English and maths, or equivalent
30 hours per week (Term time only). Monday to Friday from 7.30am-2pm.