Let Me Play, established in 2004, which works alongside a group of companies focused on education and social impact, working together to bring about positive, sustainable change.
The various divisions of LMP service schools, businesses and individuals across the UK through Wraparound Care, Alternative Education, Apprenticeship and upskill programmes.
LMP Education, is a division of Let Me Play and provides apprenticeship training. Sporting Education would be your employer and your placement would be at a London School.
The role of a Sports Coach Apprentice is to provide support for pupils, teachers and other staff in order to:
- Raise standards of physical education for all pupils
- Encourage pupils to become more active
- Provide support for their social and physical welfare
- Support inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life including afterschool clubs
- To work under the direction of the Line Manager, class teachers and other staff to support the learning of whole classes, selected groups or individuals as instructed.
- To study relevant qualifications while you earn.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Our Sports Coaching Apprenticeship programme will teach many different skills, which will allow you to work within schools to support PE and sports delivery. Some of the key responsibilities and accountabilities are likely to include:
- Supervising and delivery PE lessons
- Assisting with young people’s learning experience
- Helping students who might need extra support
- Promoting physical activity
- Learning coaching based skills and behaviour techniques
- Planning sessions and developing learning objectives.
- Working alongside teacher to support classroom/sports activities.
Education and Experience
5 GSCE’s (Grade A-C) including English and Maths
Training within the Role
This training programme focuses on developing physical education delivery and sports clubs within schools. The qualification aims to grow your existing skill set in the following key areas:
-Planning and preparation of physical education sessions
-Delivery of physical education and school sport programmes
-Physical education relating to the national curriculum
-Teaching and coaching methods
Key Skills and Experience
Enthusiastic and have an interest in working with young people.
A team player.
Reliable, committed and punctual attitude.
Professional, organised and attention to detail.
Previous experience of sports/coaching desirable, but not essential.
Confidence in your own ability to want to learn and develop
All Apprenticeships require an Enhanced DBS check before the commencement of the role due to working with young people.