DHL Supply Chain Professional Leader (Degree Apprenticeship) Program
Program Starts: September 2020
Applications: OpenÂ 19/3/2020
Salary: Â£18,000 per annum
Experience Days for this program TBC.
We have an exciting opportunity for students to earn a degree whilst developing their professional skills within a global market leading organisation. In 2020 we will be offering the level 6 Supply Chain Leadership Professional Degree as one pathway to develop our Supply Chain Leaders of the future. The program is suitable for students who are interested in developing in Supply Chain Leadership positions and want to build their capability to successfully manage people, projects, operations and/or services. Students will learn the technical knowledge, acquiring vocational experience and wider skills from across a variety of DHL customer contracts and locations within our UKI Supply Chain business. This is a unique opportunity for students to gain a business degree within an apprenticeship whilst earning in the workplace.
What the program looks like:
You will experience working within fast paced sites and environments and through our formal learning will begin to take responsibility and see progression. Our entry level talent programs are built to develop leaders and you will be supported and empowered to actively get involved with different teams to achieve high impact results that will really make a difference to our business.
In the four year program, you will experience structured placements across our Supply Chain business, warehouse, transport and functional operations giving you the opportunity to gain real life experience! In your final year, you will complete a business project, aligned to your business area or work related specialism. This will be completed as part of your end point assessment and count towards the final grading of the degree.
In partnership with Aston University, the Supply Chain Professional Leader Degree is designed to build an individual’s capability to manage and lead within a successful Supply Chain business. Graduating with a BSc Supply ChainÂ Management (Professional Practice)
By the end of our Apprenticeship, you will have developed the professional knowledge combined with the skills and behaviours to become a successful Leader in Supply Chain!
- 48 month structured program
- 2 x 24 month placements
- Based in warehouse and transport operations
- Early responsibility and fast progression
- Experience of working within fast paced sites and environments
- A program of personal and professional development modules focusing on managerial and leadership skills within a Supply Chain environment
- Regular performance feedback and personal development planning
- All placements are within our UK business
- 260 UCAS points (104+UCAS points from Sept 2017 under the new UCAS tariff system)
- Grade 4 (C) GCSE English and Mathematics or;
- Completion of a level 3 Apprenticeship/Professional qualification in a relevant discipline or;
- Recognised and equivalent qualification
- Eligibility to work in the UK for the full duration of the program
- A desire to be a People Manager and to lead teams of people through day to day business and exciting change projects
- Strong interest and motivation to start and develop a career within the logistics/supply chain industry in the UK market
- Passion for providing an excellent service to our customers, with innovative ideas and practical solutions
- Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the program
- Sensitive to diverse working teams and environments
- Confident communicator – able to tailor communication style according to the audience
- A â€œCan Doâ€ attitude, and ability to be flexible in approach to different working styles, shift patterns and job roles
What will you get in return?
As part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include; 25 days holiday, childcare vouchers and retail discounts. You will also receive an annual salary review.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities upon successful completion of the program and a professional environment where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills. Â
We want our Apprentices to build their careers with us upon successful completion of the program; contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.
What to do next?Â
We will be opening applications for ourÂ Supply Chain Professional Leader (Degree Apprentice)Â Program on theÂ 19th MarchÂ 2020.
For any questions regarding our DHL Supply Chain Professional Leader (Degree Apprenticeship) Program; please contact us:Â email@example.com