Brief overview of the role
Working within a school environment, enhancing your teaching skills through practical experience. Earn while you learn and gain a recognised qualification and valuable experience to further your future education or employment opportunities.
- Support the teacher within the classroom and help students with the understanding of the work the teacher has supplied
- Raise standards of achievement for all pupils
- Encourage pupils to become more independent learners
- Provide support for their emotional, social and physical welfare
- Support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life
- To work under the direction of the Line Manager, class teachers and other staff to support the learning of whole classes, selected groups or individuals as instructed
Study relevant qualifications while you earn
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of/willingness to learn about how children develop
- How to support children in literacy and/or numeracy; how children learn and how to motivate them etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of/willingness to learn about behaviour management strategies.
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- A confident communicator
- Professionally presented
- Punctual and reliable
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and maths, grades A*-C or Functional Skills Level 2.