Join our team and experience the best of both worlds working for a private/public sector partnership in the heart of Norfolk.
We are looking for a Technical Support Apprentice to join Capita at an exciting time for the Breckland District Council/Capita Partnership.
Breckland sits in the heart of Norfolk within half an hour of Norwich city and the beautiful North Norfolk coast, and covers an area of 1,305 kilometres and is one the largest rural districts in England. Nestling just on the Norfolk/Suffolk border. Breckland is centred around the five main market towns of Attleborough, Dereham, Swaffham, Thetford and Watton. There are also 112 parishes in Breckland but the majority of the population is centred round the five market towns
As our Apprentice your main duties would include:
- Answering the telephone and dealing with general enquiries across each of our service areas including Planning, Building Control and Land Charges
- Assisting with meetings by taking minutes and notes
- Booking in information and validating official and personal searches
- Booking appointments, providing information and assistance
- Maintaining Files/ Scanning / Archiving / Filing
- Assisting with the monitoring and evaluation of information and researching data as required
- General data entry supporting teams across the whole of the Planning and Building Control Service
- General administration and support duties
Your experience will include
- GCSE English ‘A-C’ grade or equivalent competence
- Be familiar with MS Office package (Word, Outlook, Excel etc).
- Excellent communication skills/ Organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact
- The ability to maintain confidentiality when required
- Competency at checking own work to confirm accuracy
- A willingness to learn
What’s in it for me?
- Live and work in a beautiful location, close to the thriving city of Norwich as well as the unrivalled Norfolk coastline.
In 2009 Capita was appointed as partner to Breckland District Council to provide its Town Planning and Building Control service. Our team, based in the Council’s offices in Dereham, provides the Council with the full range of planning policy, development management and building control services. We also provide consultancy services to other councils and to the private sector, with access across the Capita Business to a full range of built environment consultancy support.
For more than 30 years Capita has been working across the public and private sectors, solving the complex challenges of our clients, increasing productivity, enhancing their use of technology and data, improving customer and public services and adding value to the UK and local economies.
We do this by combining our talent, creativity, software, technology and innovation with sector knowledge and proven skills and expertise underpinned by our scaled operational platforms.
We have over 63,000 talented, committed and engaged employees, who are essential to delivering business critical services and solutions across all our markets.
We work with clients across a range of sectors, including local government, central government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance, and other private sector organisations
Working for Capita at Breckland Council offers the potential to progress and be involved in wider projects and provides experience of both public and private sector planning work.