About the role
As a Multi -Skilled Rail Operative Apprentice you will provide the Track Supplies with the underpinning knowledge and skills to maintain, enhance and develop our offering.
This is an exciting role where you will develop the skills to provide multi skilled operative/labour resource to the Rail business with Balfour Beatty
The role will be based in Chesterfield
This is a level 2 Apprenticeship
What you’ll be doing
Technical Competencies: (to be developed whilst an apprentice)
- Qualified as PTS, Track Accustomed as required.
- Use and handling of measuring equipment, (tapes, levels, gauges, instruments, lasersweep)
- Knowledge and understanding of Gauging and Clearoute (basic)
- Knowledge and understanding of plain line track components (ability to identify and specify)
- Knowledge and understanding of switch and crossings components and assembly (ability to identify and specify)
- XiTRACK applicator
- Driving licence qualification or working towards
- Forklift and telehandler operator
- Small plant tools and equipment (generators, saws, drills and breakers)
- Fixed plant cutting and drilling rails including measuring up and marking rails.
- IT literate MSWord, excel, outlook etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of track maintenance and renewals
- Knowledge and understanding of BB Rail stock control process and procedures
- You will complete a level 2 apprenticeship
Who we’re looking for
- You will have a minimum of 3 GCSEs A*-C (or equivalent) coupled with an interest in Rail.
- PTS competence for working on Rail infrastructure
- You will be focused on delivering high quality, safety and to budget.
- Good written and oral Communication skills
- An understanding of Health and Safety is a must, along with a flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to learn.
- Behave with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times.
- To always do what is right
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.